Wills & Trusts
A well drafted, up-to-date will is one of the best legacies you can leave your family. Clear instructions ensure that your beneficiaries will receive the gifts and care you intended, and will greatly reduce the potential for litigation.
- Succession planning
- Wills and estate planning
- Trust agreements
- Estate litigation
Munro & Crawford can be a part of your management team when you need to purchase, start up, run, expand or sell your business.
- Legal and strategic business advice
- Incorporation and capitalization
- Structure and negotiation of agreements and contracts
- All forms of legal documentation
Probate & Estate Administration
Estate administration covers a wide range of activities including:
- Meeting with the executor(s)
- Obtaining a comprehensive list of the assets of the deceased
- Contacting all beneficiaries
- Preparing the necessary court application
- Post-probate matters:
- Gathering in assets (collecting money on deposit in bank accounts, liquidating investments, disposing of real estate, etc.)
- Arranging with accountants to prepare and file the necessary income tax returns
- Providing on-going advice to the executor(s)
Buying, selling or mortgaging a home is often the largest financial transaction of your life. Ensure your interests are protected; tax and title searches need to be completed before closing, and the necessary transfer of title and mortgage documents or discharges need to be properly filed at the Land Titles Office.
- Expertise and sound advice
- Residential Real Estate
- Co-op Real Estate Services
- Recreational Real Estate
- Commercial Real Estate
Trust & Estate Services include:
- Financial Management
- Home Management
- Health and Companionship
- Legal Services
Whether you’re putting in new floors or building your own custom dream home, construction projects are a big step for all homeowners. Unfortunately, they don’t always go to plan. Problems can arise on any project, big or small, and once you start tearing down walls or removing drywall it’s often too late to cancel the project.
Munro & Crawford have one of the largest Co-Op practices in Metro Vancouver. We are the registered and records office, and act as solicitors for more than 20 apartment corporations, and we are the designated solicitors for the only two chartered banks who are prepared to finance the purchase apartment corporations. In co-op financing the bank takes a mortgage against the apartment lease, and charges the shares in the apartment corporation which are issued to the purchaser, upon completion of the purchase and sale transaction.