Construction Litigation Lawyers Vancouver

Contact the expert Vancouver construction litigation lawyers for your next construction venture. Whether you’re putting in new floors or building your own custom dream home, construction projects are a big step for all homeowners. Unfortunately, they don’t always go to plan. Problems can arise on any construction project, big or small, and once you start tearing down walls or removing drywall it’s often too late to cancel the project.

On some projects, there may be issues with the contractor. Afterall, anyone can open a contracting business; there’s no skill-testing component. So what do you do when you’ve reached the end of the project and you’ve already paid the contractor their money, but you’re unhappy with the workmanship? Perhaps you’ve fired your contractor halfway through the project and now they’re threatening to file a builders’ lien against your home? Now that sounds scary! This is an important reason as to why you need professional construction litigation lawyers on your side!

In situations like these, the expert construction litigation lawyers in Vancouver at Munro & Crawford are here to help. We understand the frustration and confusion that often accompanies a renovation gone wrong. When you come and see us, we promise to take the time to explain the nuances of Vancouver construction litigation & construction law in language that you can understand. We will also do our best to explain the economics and timeline of a construction litigation claim, so you will be able to make an informed decision about how best to proceed. If you have questions about a construction issue, call the expert construction litigation lawyers in Vancouver and make an appointment today!


What documents form most estate plans, and what do they do?

AA good estate plan prepares for two matters: planning for death, and planning for incapacity. A Will is essentially a set of instructions for what to do when you pass away, and who is responsible for doing them. Accordingly, most estate plans will start with creating a Will.
Your Will doesn’t do anything until you actually pass away. So, in the event that you become mentally incompetent, what then? In order to plan for incapacity, you typically want two documents: An Enduring Power of Attorney that covers legal and financial affairs, and a Representation Agreement that covers healthcare, personal care and living arrangements.

When should I see my lawyer when I want to buy or sell my property?

AWhen buying a property, it’s a good idea to have a lawyer examine the legal title before you enter a binding agreement to purchase the property. For example, if the reason you like a particular property is that it has a large backyard and you want to build a swimming pool, your lawyer will be able to check if there are any restrictions on swimming pools contained in ‘restrictive covenants’ or ‘easements’ registered on title. If you sign the contract to buy the property before checking title, and find out later on that you can’t build a swimming pool, you may not be able to get out of the contract.
When selling a property, it’s a good idea to have a lawyer examine legal title to your home at the time you sign your listing agreement with your realtor. Mortgages are not automatically discharged from title when they are paid off, and we occasionally find that a mortgage that was paid off over a decade ago will still be registered on title. It can be difficult to get these old mortgages discharged from title if the lender has died or cannot be found. Your lawyer will need time to address these types of issues, and finding them out at the last minute can cause a deal to collapse.